We cater to the needs of the CSR (corporate social responsibility) of your company through setting up your “Special Fund”.
In ACT, you can set up a fund with your company’s name and implement your own support program based on your company’s activities and interests without complicated procedures.
ACT has been implementing support activities on wide variety of program areas/agenda such as social development and environment conservation with donations received from companies. ACT has the expertise and experience to provide. Feel free to contact us.
If you set up a Special Fund* within ACT
- You can choose the name of the Special Fund.
- You can specify the target country/region in Asia** and program/project area to be supported by the fund.
- You can implement your own support program that is relevant to your company’s activities and interests, which you can present to your clients, stockholders and/or to the general public.
- You can fulfill your company’s intention to make a social contribution through easy steps (1-2 months) including the exchanging of contracts with the Trustee (Trust Bank).
- ACT provides detailed support from the start of your program to project monitoring and reporting.
* A donation of JPY 10 million or more is necessary to set up a Special Fund.
**Target countries are limited to developing countries in Asia which are on the “DAC List of ODA Recipients”:
“We want to appeal our company’s efforts as corporate citizenship to society.”
It is easy to set up a Special Fund with your company’s name within ACT. Moreover, by specifying the target country/region or program/project area to be supported by the fund, you can implement a support program that reflects your corporate identity and activities; hence, you can present it to the general public as your company’s effort in social contribution.
Your company’s undertaking can also receive wide public attention through the ACT website and publications which cater to individuals and groups that are interested in social contribution activities in Asia.
“We want to support a specific country or region.”
You can specify which developing country or region in Asia (from the “DAC List of ODA recipients* ) your company wishes to support.
* Countries in Asia included in the “DAC List of ODA Recipients” (as of December 2015):
“We want to support an area that is related to our activities.”
You can specify program/project area to be supported by the fund, such as education or environment protection*, based on the relevance to the activities of your company.
*Among the program area of ACT:
“We only have a few CSR officers so we want to do less paperwork.”
You can set up a Special Fund just by exchanging contracts with the Trustee (trust bank) which takes around 1-2 months. There is no need to establish a new organization or to negotiate with government agencies. The ACT Secretariat will also provide detailed support even after the project commences, such as project monitoring and reporting, thereby minimizing the workload of the CSR officers of your company.
“We want social responsibility program to be a part of our employee training program.”
ACT accepts requests such as arrangement of field visits or making presentations on the grant project for your employees. Please feel free to contact the Secretariat.
“Is our donation to ACT tax deductible?”
Donations to ACT by companies can be included in deductible expenses (within the certain limit on deductible expenses).
Example of a company-supported project
“The Daiwa Securities Group Tsunami Reconstruction Fund”
Recovering after the 2004 Indian Ocean Earthquake and Tsunami 1JPY 100M worth of support in 10 years
More than 200,000 lives were lost when the Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami struck in December 2004.
After this disaster of unprecedented scale occurred, the Daiwa Securities Group considered conducting assistance activities as a company and sought ways to promptly start long-term reconstruction support in the affected areas.
As a result, Daiwa Securities chose to set up a fund within ACT which had less paperwork and did not require the hiring of another specialist. It also designed a very unique program where “a donation of 10 million yen every year for ten years” would provide long-term rehabilitation support for the affected people, a uniqueness that was very rare in the history of CSR programs in Japan.
“The Daiwa Securities Group Tsunami Reconstruction Fund”(Established in March 2005, Total amount: JPY100M) supported the affected areas in Indonesia, India and Sri Lanka by creating civil infrastructure through microfinance, by providing education opportunities and mental care for children, by promoting the interaction and cooperation among the tsunami victims through sharing and disseminating information and experiences. The project outcomes were presented in the CSR Report and website of the Daiwa Securities Group which earned high praise from the society.
Characteristics of the “The Daiwa Securities Group Tsunami Reconstruction Fund”
- Long-term support for better results (For ten years, with an additional donation of 10 million yen every year)
- Immediate launch of the program (The fund was established only two months after the company approached ACT. While the fund was being set up, the Secretariat visited the affected areas for preliminary survey.)
- Regular detailed reports (In addition to the annual reports, the outcomes of the project 3, 6, 8, 10 years after were also reported.)
- Field visit by the company employees (CSR Officer)