The structure of ACT works to maximize the benefits from donations.
● ACT accepts proposals of projects by local non-government organizations (NGOs/educational institutions) in different developing countries in Asia *.
*Developing countries in Asia (recipients of aid from the Development Assistance Committee (DAC)): Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Vietnam. (“Asia” as categorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
● Grant projects are screened and selected from the numerous applications received by a group of specialists in international affairs and development projects (Executive Advisory Committee).
● Survey and monitoring of grant projects and their implementing organizations are conducted by highly-professional staff (Secretariat).
● Trust money (donations) is managed and operated by the 4 Trust Banks (Trustees) in accordance to terms of the Trust Act of Japan.
● The overall financial flow of ACT is being closely monitored by a trust executor.
|Executive Advisory Committee||
Tomomitsu OBA (Chairperson)
Former Advisor, Japan Center for International Finance
A specialist on international finance who held a key position in the (then) Treasury Department of Ministry of Finance
A specialist on international development issues who had worked in international institutions such as the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
A specialist on international cooperation in the field of education through an international education sponsorship program
A specialist on child labor and gender and has worked with International Labour Organization (ILO) and other institutions
A photo journalist who has covered numerous issues on conflicts not only in Asia but also other parts of the world
A specialist on population issues who was the first Secretary General of the Tokyo Office of the United Nations Fund for Population Activities (UNFPA)
Asian Community Center 21 (President and CEO: Michio ITO)
ABK Bldg. 1F, 2-12-13 Honkomagome, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8642, Japan
|Trustees||Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited (ACT’s Chief Bank of Trustees)
Retail Financial Business Services Division
3-33-1, Shiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-8574, Japan
Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation
Mizuho Trust & Banking Co., Ltd.
Resona Bank, Limited.
|Trust Executor||Tatsuo OTA
Chair, The Japan Association of Charitable Organizations (JACO)
One of the pioneers in the promotion of charitable trusts, and currently active in the promotion of charitable organizations
|Supervising Government Agency||Regional Policy Division,
Asian and Oceanian Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs