● ACT accepts proposals of projects by local non-government organizations (NGOs/educational institutions) in different developing countries in Asia *.
*Developing countries in Asia (recipients of aid from the Development Assistance Committee (DAC)): Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Vietnam. ("Asia" as categorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
● Grant projects are screened and selected from the numerous applications received by a group of specialists in international affairs and development projects (Executive Advisory Committee).
● Survey and monitoring of grant projects and their implementing organizations are conducted by highly-professional staff (Secretariat).
● Trust money (donations) is managed and operated by the 4 Trust Banks (Trustees) in accordance to terms of the Trust Act of Japan.
● The overall financial flow of ACT is being closely monitored by a trust executor.
|Executive Advisory Committee||
Tomomitsu OBA (Chairperson)
Former Advisor, Japan Center for International Finance
A specialist on international finance who held a key position in the (then) Treasury Department of Ministry of Finance
Message from the Chairperson
Professor Emeritus, Seikei University
A specialist on international development issues who had worked in international institutions such as the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
President, The Education for Development Fund-Japan
A specialist on international cooperation in the field of education through an international education sponsorship program
President, Kitakyushu Forum on Asian Women (KFAW)
A specialist on child labor and gender and has worked with International Labour Organization (ILO) and other institutions
Representative, Asia Press International
A photo journalist who has covered numerous issues on conflicts not only in Asia but also other parts of the world
Professor, Nagasaki University School of Tropical Medicine and Global Health
A specialist on population issues who was the first Secretary General of the Tokyo Office of the United Nations Fund for Population Activities (UNFPA)
Asian Community Center 21 (President and CEO: Michio ITO)
ABK Bldg. 1F, 2-12-13 Honkomagome, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8642, Japan
Message from the Executive Secretary
|Trustees||Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited (ACT's Chief Bank of Trustees)
Retail Financial Business Services Division 3-33-1, Shiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-8574, Japan
Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation
Retail Banking Business Unit 1-4-5, Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8212, Japan
Mizuho Trust & Banking Co., Ltd.
Private Business Unit
1-2-1, Yaesu, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-8670, Japan
Resona Bank, Limited.
Trust Business Planning Division
1-5-65 Kiba, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8581, Japan
|Trust Executor||Tatsuo OTA
President and CEO, The Japan Association of Charitable Organizations (JACO)
One of the pioneers in the promotion of charitable trusts, and currently active in the promotion of charitable organizations
|Supervising Government Agency||Regional Policy Division,
Asian and Oceanian Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs